Saturday, May 1, 2010

Staycation!!!

SO many reasons to be excited today: first, Tulip Time kicks off. Next to Christmas, it's my favorite time of year. I love the tulips, the "gut wagons" downtown, the cheesy music, the whole town dressed in authentic Dutch garb (even people whose heritage has absolutely zero to do with anything from the Netherlands), the Dutch Dancing...EVERYTHING. If it's cheesy, I'm on it. I love that we can walk from our house to all of these festivities without being part of the teeming throng looking for a parking spot.

AND - Matt and I are on vacation right now. No plans. No travels. A total staycation. LOVE the first day of staycation. We're doing Tulip Time, a potluck tomorrow with our Sunday School class, tearing up carpet in the soon-to-be baby's room to expose the hardwood and refinish it (someone else will do the refinishing, not us), Renee's coming to stay...very good times.

AAANNNNNNDDDD...my friend Mary from Sonlight is here this weekend with her mom!!! Her dear 90-something mom who lives in Boulder, CO. The one to whom Mary gave trekking poles for her 90th birthday. My kind of lady!! We can't wait to spend time with them today.

And the weather is looking to be nice!!!

And my friend's band is "opening" for the fireworks tonight!! How cool is THAT?

So hopefully I'll have some fun pictures to post soon of tulips and friends!! (And elephant ears...)

No comments: