Wednesday, August 4, 2010

27 weeks!

Hellooooooo third trimester!!!!! I can't believe it's here already!! I know I haven't posted a picture in a while, but I'll do it soon. I'm feeling less "cute" and more "fat" and it doesn't make me very inclined to whip out the camera, but I know I'll regret it if I don't. Even in the past couple of weeks I've grown a lot, but it's still all baby, and I'm so grateful to have had no swelling anywhere so far, no back pain, no hip pain, only one day of round ligament pain...all those things that can make you so uncomfortable. I know that that can still come on with a vengeance, but still - I know plenty of people who dealt with any or all of those things from very early on.

Baby is moving even more vigorously now, which is way too much fun. I'll feel a head grinding into my left hip, and then a series of popping kicks up near my right ribs. He or she stays fairly quiet thru the night and then starts to rock & roll around 4 or 5 - and that's fine with me if we maintain that kind of schedule. If I have a baby who will settle down nicely but be an early morning baby, that would be great. But I know better than to think too wishfully...!!!

I remember thinking this past spring that when the leaves change color and start to fall, then it'll be "almost time." Well, I'm seeing the first of the leaves already start to change...granted, it's definitely far from being "almost time" but you know what I mean...life will be changing sooner rather than later now! Woah!

I'm still humbled at the number of people who faithfully are praying for us. Praying for us!!! I mean, it's so simple, but so profound that this baby is so loved and lifted up on a regular basis before the throne of Heaven. And they're not giving me churchy lip-service - they really are praying for this child. That just blows me away.

Well, this wasn't the most newsy update, but I wanted to update nonetheless. Not much else going on in the Gouveia household, and sometimes that's a really nice thing!!!

So stay tuned for that picture!!!

No comments: