Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So sorry!!!

(A rare moment with eyes open for the camera!!!)


I know, it's been about two and a half weeks since I last posted!!!! A lot of people are asking for more pictures! I can't beLIEVE how much time one little person can take up in my day. Even now I'm sitting here blogging and know I'm taking a huge risk...when I really should be taking advantage of some downtime to take a shower! BUT - we got a jump start this morning at 4:30, so I figured, why not just start my day? I mean, who doesn't love starting their day at 0430??? So we've already done one cycle of feeding/playtime/work out/fold laundry/eat breakfast/etc. Yes, I said "work out." I did pull out a Biggest Loser video. I had energy, I went with it.

Levi is NOT a fussy baby, thank the Lord!!! He "chirps" and yips at times, and when he gets really mad it only lasts a few minutes. He's pretty obvious about what he wants (duh, like any newborn I guess!) but he doesn't just fuss for the sake of fussing like many babies do. He goes down in his crib when he's ready to sleep. He's just a good kid. :) We're figuring each other out, for sure.

I'm taking dinner to a friend today who just had her little boy this past weekend. Just a year ago we were both sobbing in each other's arms at church, mourning our own losses. Little did we know that in God's timing we'd each rejoice in the birth of our sons!!! He is so good! He's good when we mourn and He's good when we celebrate.

Okay, so I stink at taking pictures. My darn camera (well, it's actually the darn user, not the camera's fault) has this red-eye reduction feature on it, so even when I've turned the flash OFF, this little light STILL comes on and flashes in Levi's face and makes him close his eyes and scowl. So I have THE HARDEST time getting pictures with his eyes open. And then I just give up. So I took a video of him one day last week, and it's SO cute because he's cooing and making these little kissing sounds with his lips like he does when he's hungry, but Blogger won't let me load it. Argh. Anyway, here are some more recent pics....

Modeling his new hat aunt Elizabeth made...


Tummy time with Daddy...he really looks like he's interested in his toys here...but he's not...


He LOVES when Matt reads to him. There's a pattern emerging here...Daddy is WAY more fun than Mommy! Levi acts totally enamored with Matt and he scowls at me.


Starting to hold his head up!


This pic is a bit blurry, but it's the best display of his Thanksgiving outfit! The hat says "Baby's 1st Thanksgiving" and I LOVE the turkey feathers on top!!! (He yakked on the onesie pretty early in the day...isn't that just the way it goes?)


Still pretty displeased with the bath routine in the morning...but we're getting better...note the scowl...


Hanging out with Grandpa on Thanksgiving!

Hopefully my next post won't be so far off!!! And I'd really like to post actual thoughts, really I would. I have a couple of posts rattling around in my head, but, shoot, look at how long it took me just to load pictures on!!! So we'll see when that happens!!!

4 comments:

JAN said...

Well I so enjoy reading your blogs, you really have a way with words, I see a book somewhere in your future, and it will be a success and as you know The Word says there is power in the tongue, life and death, so I speak life, just remember me when your famous!
Any way your little one is such a cutie, and I don't think I have seen your dad so "bright", the word proud is not strong enough.
I never really got to know you but as I have said many,many times The Lord prompted me to pray for you over the years, I did not always understand why because of not knowing you very well, but I learned to not question just pray. And I feel a sense of pride when I read your blogs, not that my prayers were any more effective than others but none the less it makes me feel good and thank God for you. I can only imagine how those close must feel. Be blessed and maybe someday we will run across each other and I can hold that little guy. Until then be blesses and keep blogging!!!!! Jan

Elizabeth said...

AWWWW love the hats!!!! just a tad biased:)

une autre mère said...

Oh he is such a cutie pie!! Lovin' those hats too. And your pics are great. I always had a hard time getting those open-eyed pics too, so it just makes it look like they sleep all the time. If only that were true...

Here's hoping you get that shower soon! ;)

CA Mommy said...

Love the pictures..and am looking forward to the real thing in less than 48 hours!! He is a precious baby, and you and matt are doing a good job. See you soon, love, CA Mommy