Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sleep Ninja

This little boy gave me a run for my money today.


It doesn't take much time for one little boy to fill so many diapers...over and over and over again...


Laughing at Daddy! Yes, his outfit fits him. It looks like the buttons are bursting open but they're not. I got it at a thrift store and I think it's been washed and worn so many times that the material curls out.

He fussed and carried on every time I put him down for a nap today. He ate fine. He laughed and smiled and played during playtime. But he would not nap. I tried every trick I knew. I even rubbed my fingers on his gums to check for teeth (which he thought was hilarious). The Sleep Ninja had returned with a vengeance.

He won a few battles.

But he did not win the war.

Mama's bedtime routine rang in the victory. Sleep Ninja is snoring in his crib. Tomorrow is a new day.


4 comments:

hannah said...

jenny, what diapers are you using? we are doing bumgenius, but i am always curious what others are doing.

Matt & Lauren said...

Long time no chat. It is "Lo Pio" now Lauren Wertman (not as fun of a ring ;-)) Renee gave me this link and I love getting to see you and your beautiful life! God is so good! I too am interested in knowing what diapers you use. I have a little one too and we are thinking of venturing into the land of cloth diapers. . .
Sending our love, Lauren (Piotrowski) Wertman

Jenny said...

Hey there Hannah!!!! LAUREN!!!! So good to hear from you!!!! Update me with your info! (I'm at runningnurse521@gmail.com)...

Anyway, we use Bum Genius all-in-ones. I started using old-fashioned pre-folds with diaper covers, but he outgrew them and the all-in-ones were just so convenient. I LOVE them. They're pricey upfront, but well worth it. There's a store here in town and she has a very informative website: www.ecobuns.com.

CA Mommy said...

Just have got to love that smile...sorry the day was hectic, but helps that he is such a cutie. And, sounds like he wore himself out in the process. Love you, CA Mommy