Monday, April 5, 2010

Awww...isn't it....cute?(ish?)

Matt thought it would be cool if I posted my ultrasound pics. I wasn't sure how that would turn out, given that we don't have a scanner, so I'd have to take a picture of the pictures and hope they turned out okay. They kind of did! So for all who are interested, here is the debut photo montage of the lima bean who is making me feel like I'm still riding in the back seat of that 15-passenger van that smells like gym socks and has been plunked in the middle of the ocean during a hurricane (at least once during the day, but not all day, fortunately!).


Ta-da!!! Here we have Little G at 7 weeks (which is really 5 weeks "post-conceptual age," sorry if that's TMI), no larger than a grain of rice. If the picture makes you nauseated, you're in good company. It's really of no better quality in real life! But the ultrasound lady nicely drew an arrow at it and labeled it "Baby" in case there was any sort of confusion. ;) But yeah...there you have it. A neural tube and a yolk sac and I'm not entirely sure what else, but there was a little steadily flickering light in the middle, and that's all I was interested in seeing at the moment! But here's the really cool part: in two short weeks, we go from this little grain of rice to...........


.........something that kind of looks like a person-ish! As you may be able to tell, Little G's head is to the left, there's a bitty arm bud sticking up in the middle, and the umbilical cord is forming up to the right and connecting with a cloud that I want to say must be a rudimentary placenta.

So there you have it! Pretty fun, huh? Next ultrasound is my 13-week one at the end of the month. I'll be ten weeks on Wednesday. :) Fun stuff!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Was just catching up on your blog and really have to just say amazing God is awesome. Also I love the way you combine vocab and paint such great pictures with word choice. :)

Kate Van said...

Jenny, I'm so excited you guys are expecting! What is your due date? Mine is Oct. 16th- which seems like years away at this point but I know it will fly by. I've also been eating tons of cheese- mac & cheese, grilled cheese, cheese and apples anything with cheese! But it is a crazy time when you're hungry but NOTHING sound edible! Hope you're doing well...