Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yummmm...

I'm going to a ladies salad supper at church tonight. We have missionaries visiting this past month or so...I can't even say their names or where they're serving because it's so dangerous, so I'll throw in that they covet your prayers. Can you imagine serving that way, though? So this supper tonight is with the wife, and she'll share more about their life. Anyway, I'm taking my favorite pasta salad and it would be criminal for me not to share the recipe. It's from my aunt Marty, who makes the best salads ever.

Dill and Feta Pasta Salad (PERFECT for hot summer days!)

1 small box pasta (small shells)
1 c. feta
Fresh dill, chopped (to taste) - I use dried, actually
~1/2 c. lemon juice (or, to taste)
3/4 c. olive oil (or, to taste...are you noticing a theme??)
1 jar chopped green olives
1 small red onion, chopped

Cook pasta, drain and cool. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. It's easy to "freshen up" as leftovers by drizzling in a little more olive oil and lemon juice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenny! First of all let me say I love this idea. You crafty little person you! Second, I'm quite excited that you've posted Aunt Marty's salad recipe. I'm having some girls from work over tonight and totally made the salad yesterday...couldn't help but sample a healthy portion as well. Good thing it makes a lot! ;o) Miss you and looking forward to seeing you sometime soon!
- Your cousin Nicki