Monday, January 19, 2009

Title 9 Girl



Jenny AKA "Mrs. G."
Occupation: Neonatal nurse
Currently reading: Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
Little known fact: Can eat alarming amounts of popcorn

There's this company that sells women's sports apparel called Title 9. The models in their catalogues are regular, fun, adventurous women, and they include a little bio by their pictures saying what they do for a living, favorite book or food, a quote, etc. My friend Renee and I have always dreamed of being Title 9 models...and more than once we've thought about what our little bios would say. So on the rare occasions that we've actually been able to go to a T9 store (I had the dangerous privilege of living near a T9 both in California and Colorado), we've hoped to be "discovered." Well, Title 9 hasn't recognized how great we are yet.

I felt very T9 today because I went skiing at the beach. (That definitely seems like something a good T9 model would do.) I've never skied at the beach, and it was a very pleasant experience. The sun made a serendipitous appearance today and the temp climbed to an absolutely balmy 24 degrees. A bead of sweat broke out on my brow. There were actually quite a few people there (I was at the State Park this time), but none of them were photographers looking for a fun, adventurous girl to put in a hip and sporty magazine. Rats.

2 comments:

CA Mommy said...

Jenny love, what a fun thing to do. You look just like you belong in the T9 catalog. What is wrong with them anyway? Both you and Renee should have been selected by now. Anyway, beautiful pictures, but 24 degrees...Brrrr! Love you, CA Mommy

Mary said...

I love this post!! You really should send them the pic what are they thinking not picking you?