Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

My computer's been kind of fritzin' lately so I had a freak-attack about losing my pictures (Matt saved the day, though!), and haven't been able to post. But I think things are fixed for the time being.

Happy New Year! I originally didn't have any resolutions, but I think it's just human nature to want to at least try to turn a couple of ships when the sun comes up or the calendar turns. If God's mercies are new every morning, how much greater is this promise at the beginning of a new year?? This year I want to strive to be more disciplined in as many areas of my life as possible (growing in my relationship with Christ, how I spend my time, with finances, whatever requires discipline). I'm reading John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life" and it's kicking me in the butt! A biggie on the top of my list of resolutions is to be more intentional about spending time with my friends. My friends are so gracious; I'm not the best at keeping in touch with people. Of course, we spend a lot of time with our friends...but there are those girls who have been by my side through the past 10+ years, and THEY are the ones who slide to the back seat when life gets busy. No more, man.

We were supposed to spend New Year's with my friend Carolyn and her husband Ryan, but she got the creeping crud. So we spent the evening with some friends from church, where we ate chocolate fondue and played games. Anyone who knows me and Matt knows that seeing us up past 9:30 or 10:00 is a rarity, but Darren & Susanne and Steve and Lindsey are among the few!

Matt is working today and I'm working on some of those little painting projects that you put off and put off and put off. The sun is making a rare appearance, so overall, it's a good day.

No comments: